Saturday, October 25, 2008

SEO is wasting my time

Personally, I don't like SEO (Search Engine Optimozation). People say SEO is important for your online marketing strategy and you have to be on the top list of the first page of major search engine like Google, Live Search and Yahoo. But I found it was wasting my time optimizing my website to be crawled by stupid spiders.

Yes, people search everything on the internet via search engine but it does not mean that it is an effective tool for your online business. To optimize your site. You need to have large amount of contents on your website which needs time to spend. May be half of your working hour each day.To compete with your competitors , you cannot wait . And I am doubting one strategy of SEO - Link Popularity.

Link Popularity is a measure of the quantity and quality of other web sites that link to a specific site on the World Wide Web.Search engines such as Google use a special link analysis system to rank web pages. The philosophy of link popularity is that important sites will attract many links.

Because of that philosophy behinds SEO, many online marketers just put links back to their website on others' to increase link popularity. I found some sites on the top list were just garbages. To get popularity , you must have a quality website and other guys link to you because they see the value of your website and they have a will to link to you because of that value. That is the true value of link popularity. Not you who put links on others.

If you like SEO and you have time and do not want to spend money, go for it. I 'd rather go for other online marketing tools such as PPC (Pay Per Click) and Email Marketing. The best tool to generate me conversion is Email not SEO becuase you can tell everything to your audiences in onetime - in your email- your core value, your promotion, your situation. SEO can't.

Search Engine Optomization can generate you traffic. PPC can also generate traffic yet faster and I found more effective than SEO.I have optimized SEO for almost a year the traffic was , yes, good but after I started running CPC , the traffic is a rocket increase and the conversion rate was much better.Before running PPC my property related website got 4000 - 4500 visits per month. Then I started PPC. Suddenly, I got 6500 visits from month one I started running PPC on my site.

But if you guys like to know how to optimize your site I will tell you but for the next articles i will go in detail why PPC is much better than SEO and how to run an effective PPC.